No products in the cart.
Wake up, change the baby, feed the kids, get the preschooler dressed for school, clean up the mess from the day before, call the boss, do the dishes, conference call at 3pm, walk the dog, do the laundry, cook dinner, the list is never ending. If you’ve fallen off your own list this blog post is for you! Often times we are so busy we sometimes forget a very important person in all the chaos, you! In order to keep things running smoothly you have to be functioning on all cylinders. The only way for you to do this and keep your sanity is to make time for yourself. So here are some tips to get you moving in the right direction and back on your list today:
- Be Selfish – Yes you heard me right, be selfish and take the time that you deserve. Many of us sacrifice for others regularly but never make the time for ourselves. Sometimes you have to make a point to sacrifice for yourself; this is key to keeping your sanity. What I mean by this is you have to know when it’s time to take a break. Starting today be selfish at least once a week and take some time for yourself. If you can find the time to do it more than once a week great! I encourage you to try to find the time daily, even if it’s just 15-20 minutes.
- Stop Judging Yourself – Most times we are our own worst critics. I’m too fat, I’m too skinny, I hate my hair, I wish I had more time to spend with my family, I’m a bad mother/father sound familiar? Stop being so hard on yourself. The only person judging you most of the time is you, so rise above it. We all have our share of struggles but judging only makes it harder to make it through the day. Most days are already hard enough so don’t make them any harder than they have to be. Instead of judging yourself read some positive, pick me up affirmations to get you back on the right track. Here are a couple of my favorites “I trust myself to make the best decision for me” or “My thoughts are my reality so I think up a bright new day”.
- Do What You Love – Remember the person you were all those years ago before your career, marriage and kids? What did that person like to do? What did that person feel and enjoy most? We all get so wrapped up with our family and jobs that we forget about the person we were before. It’s important to stay connected to that person; after all he/she got you to where you are today. Think really hard, what did your former self love to do, now go do it! I promise you won’t regret it.
- Listen to your Inner Self – Be quiet and listen, what would make you really happy right now in this very moment? If it’s something that can be done immediately do it! If not make the time to do it. I know this is easier said than done sometimes. If it’s hard to make the time now schedule it in advance. Hire a babysitter or ask a friend/relative to watch the kids while you go out and have some “me” time.
- Imperfect is Perfect – No one is perfect and anyone that tries to hold you to that standard (including you) is crazy. Stop trying to attain the unattainable. We all fall and make mistakes. The true measure of character is how we rise when we fall. You are perfect just the way you are. So embrace the imperfection and be the best you can be, that’s all any of us can do.
- Love & Accept Yourself – Enough said! Love yourself, accept yourself and be true to you; everything else will fall into place.
Now that you have the list I hope you put it to good use. If you don’t use all of the tips use the ones that work best for you. If you have other tips that work, please share; let us know what you think below. We are all ears and can’t wait to hear from you! Make sure to sign up for our blog so you never miss a thing!
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram